BIDHAN NAGAR Municipal Corporation Area is a part of East Kolkata Township. It houses the most planned Satellite Township of West Bengal, IT hub, some outstanding Shopping Malls, Cineplex & Emporiums and some of the best known Restaurants, entertainment zones & amusement parks of Eastern India.
How to reach
BIDHAN NAGAR Municipal Area comprises Salt Lake, Rajarhat Megacity, Newtown, Teghoria, Baguiati, Kestopur and some areas along the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass & VIP Road. There are numerous (AC & NON AC) private, CSTC, CTC, WBSTC buses which connect this area with the heart of the city. The International Airport is very nearby to this area and can be reached within 15-30 minutes by 6 lane expressway from New Town & Salt Lake area. The Railway Hub of Howrah, Sealdah & Kolkata station are also within a distance of approximately 10 Kilometre.
• Nicco Park, located near Salt Lake Sector-V, it is the Disneyland for Eastern India with its various adventure rides. Opened in 1991, Nicco park is one of the biggest amusement parks in the country and has innovative entertainment for all age group. This amusement park offers wholesome fun for children as well as adults and draws crowds from suburban Kolkata especially on the weekends.
• Eco Park, located at Action Area III of New Town, it is the newer attraction for tourist and residents alike. Become a very popular place in no time this Nature Park offers everything for a pleasant day outing. Opened in 2013, Eco park is one of the biggest nature parks in the country and has good entertainments for all age group. This park offers a learning environment for sustainable development, fun for children, romantic gateway for couples, a destination for food lovers and draws enormous crowds from all over the state.
• Nalban Boating Complex,adjoining Nicco Park, Nalban lake as the name suggests is mainly lakes and creeks (nal) fringed by groves (ban). It is a beautiful picnic spot for families, who would like to spend few hours in the lush greenery and placid lake. It is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Its unpolluted environment offers a respite and soothes the visitors.
• Aquatica Water Park, this theme water park offers visitors a cool respite from the heat and grime of city life. With artificial waves buffeting you from all sides, tornadoes and dance floors, all ready to whip up a wet dream, Aquatica is the ultimate cool hangout.
• Salt Lake Stadium,the stadium has the second largest non-auto racing capacity in the world and largest in the Indian sub-continent. The stadium was built in 1984 and holds 100,000 in a three-tier configuration.It is currently used for football matches and athletics.
• Swabhumi Heritage Park where one can sample local arts and crafts as well as some of the food from its various stalls.
• Science City, at the junction of Park Circus Connector, is one of the most spectacular science museums in the country. The sheer enormity of the Science City baffles the first time visitor. On hindsight, one may say that the Science City is a befitting tribute to Kolkata's contribution to the world of science, courtesy Meghnad Saha, Satyen Bose and others of their ilk.
• China Town, is the only Chinatown in India. The locality was once home to 20,000 ethnic Chinese, now the population has dropped to 2,000 or so. The traditional occupation of the Chinese community here had been working in the nearby tanning industry and the Chinese restaurants. The area is still noted for the Chinese restaurants where many people flock to taste traditional Chinese and Indian Chinese food. Once there were many opium dens in the area. That type of establishment is now illegal in India.
- IT CITY (Sector V & Newtown)
- Medical Tourism
- Malls: City Centre (Salt Lake City)
- Malls: City Centre II (New Town)
- Malls: Axis Malls (New Town)
- Malls: Mani Square (EM Bypass)
- Manjusha (Handicrafts)
- Local Markets
- Bengali Food
- Panjabi Dhaba
- Chinese & Thai
- Mughlai Dishes
|Salt Lake South Police Station||Near 14 Water Tank, Sector 3, Salt Lake South, Kolkata-700098||033 23351047|
|Salt Lake East Police Station||Near ICICI Bank, Sector 2, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091||033 23590849|
|HP Petrol Pump||DN-60, Sector 5, Sech Bhawan||033 23590705|
|BP Petrol Pump||EE-12, Sector 2, Near Tank 10, Sech Bhawan||033 23585302|